3.03.2011

fireworks.



When I was a senior, my family threw a party for me to celebrate my graduation.  It was at Danna and Jason's house (my aunt and uncle) and involved a pool, tons of made on site and from scratch Mexican food (don't even get me started on my love for pupusas...) and most importantly- a huge blow up water slide.  We about killed that slide creating new ways to make it more fun. Going in pairs, standing up to slide on it, covering ourselves and the slide with any kind of soap we could find...

All this to say some pretty great pictures came from Danna standing at the end of the slide capturing our funny faces while having a blast.  These pictures became a book that I received for my graduation gift from their family and in the back was this very special quote.  Ever since then, it has meant tons to me.

Here lately fireworks have really been on my mind.  I think I realized this when, after shunning Katy Perry, I saw her singing with PS 22's school choir (the one that was featured on the Oscars) on Oprah.. don't judge me.  Again, don't judge me when I say that I've been super overemotional lately and the sight of those kid's faces at the surprise of her being there made me tear up.

So, I'm thinking of changing the theme of this blog to Fireworks. Living Madly.  with this quote as my basis.  What do you think my darlings?

I would love to hear from you, comment away!

xo_vw

note: We had fireworks at the end of the night!! That's what made the quote so special!!! Didn't think about saying that.. you know what's obvious in your head is definitely not obvious in the world! There's a lesson there... 

2 comments:

carrie said...

while i do not support the fireworks that shoot out of katy p.'s boobies in the video, i like the quote and i think that's a very nice name. :)

Victoria Searcy said...

Not gonna lie to you right now.. I havent even seen the video.. I don't usually support her, but because I'm obsessed with the theme of fireworks right now, it's pretty fitting! xoxo