12.24.2012

Back to it.

It's been a while.  I've been reading tons of blogs and getting really inspired, but I felt like I needed to create some internet content to get lost in the mix of the web of chaos.

An update on my unplugging:

I have been off of Facebook for almost two months now.  After that post, I ended up deactivating my whole page and have had no desire to get back on.  I am on instagram and twitter, but trying to always keep it in moderation.

One of my main goals was to get ahead on my school work.  It paid off, and I was done with all my final tests and projects one week early.  I spent that week organizing and cleaning, which was another goal on my list.  I organized the bathroom cabinet, just like I wanted to do.

I made a huge to do list and accomplished it all, but I'm trying not to make one over Christmas break, and just enjoy what comes.  It has been relaxing.  I've been knitting again, something I haven't done in a long time.  I cooked all weekend- Michael and I haven't eaten out since he got home from his trip to Michigan for work- that is a rare feat for us.  I made taco soup and queso, lemon chicken and twice baked new potatoes, green beans, cinnamon toast, peppermint bark, and Christmas cookies! I never cook this much.  It feels great to be providing for our little two person family.

As for reading more and building my relationship with Christ, I'm working on it still.  Those are both open ended goals.  I'm working on them together and separately.


I am so thankful for where I am in life right now.  There are a lot of questions unanswered, but a lot of things have brought me overwhelming peace.

I love that Michael and I are spending our first Christmas together! It has already been fun!!!

Merry Christmas,

xo_vs

No comments: