12.24.2012

Digging Deeper.

I am so inspired by Milagro Girl that I really want to share what is going on during my journey.  Marriage has changed me so much, even in just these first three months, I feel like through becoming part of a pair, as well as other paths happening in my life have made me take a deeper look.


  • I have learned that it is okay to say no.  Yes, that is so hard for me, especially with people who are close friends and I know it hurts them for me to turn them down for whatever occurrence, but for personal sanity, sometimes you have to say no.  
  • I have learned that it is okay to give up.  Willingly giving something up is not failure.  Sixteen hours of classes was just too much for me to take on while having two jobs and learning to be myself in this new life.  I dropped my only Wednesday class, and am taking it next semester.  That way, I have 13 hours to take this semester, and 9 next to graduate! (I am so ready for that day!) 
  • I have learned how to deal with stress.  It's just not worth it to freak out about one test, or about getting everything done as fast as possible at work.  I promised myself three weeks ago that I wasn't going to get so exhausted just because of one small event in my day.  Which leads into the next...
  • I have learned to slow down.  I didn't realize that I had learned this until this post.  When you focus on what you are doing, more gets accomplished.  I have to quit thinking of the to-do list.  

xo_vs

No comments: