1.10.2012

Our Engagement Story

One week ago, I had the most magical Monday night of my life.  Here's the story that everyone has been asking about.

The night before I came home Michael confessed that he had asked my parents if he could propose- we can't keep a secret from each other, which in the end is a good thing! I knew the proposal was coming soon and planned to wear cute clothes every day as soon as I got home and keep my nails pretty! Of course the next day, I wore my hair on top of my head, sweats, and had naked nails. 

I was flying home from Canada (stories from that trip to come soon!) It was a very long day of running to catch connecting flights, standing in line for over an hour for customs, and no one to make fun of awkward people in the airport with. I didn't eat all day due to these rushed lay overs so I was grouchy and at one point almost text Michael to say "If you are planning to propose today- don't!" (So glad I didn't hit send!) 

On the last flight I began to feel better after eating potato chips, Coke, and Reeses- not to mention having the most precious older Asian man sitting next to me.  Poor man had to listen to me talk about Michael the whole way from Toronto to Dallas- I couldn't stop! 

I sprinted out of the plane and practically ran down the escalator to baggage claim.  Michael had a sign that said "Victoria Waugh" on it.  I walked up to him and said, "You nerd!" He flipped the sign over as I read "Marry me?" and he dropped down on one knee.  It was perfect.  

For some reason I thought no one knew what was happening and asked him if anyone was aware that he was asking me.  He nodded to the side where my best friend/cousin was standing recording the whole thing! So thankful for her and that video.  



Hillary hid behind the sign that says "The Meeting Point" - we loved it! 



We are very excited to begin this journey together both in planning for the unconventional, very small wedding on June 29 and preparing for the rest of our lives.  

xo_vw

2 comments:

meawhitbrown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!! YAY! How precious! I'm glad you didn't send Michael that text! How sad for him! And I know you would've regretted it :) I love that he proposed this way, and I love that you're getting MARRIED! Gosh! love you both!

Victoria Searcy said...

Meagan- I know! I'm so glad I just got my chips and reeses and got over it!! hahah