8.02.2011

Challenge.

This week I'm challenging myself to not eat meat and drink only water.  This is in hopes that I can prove that cutting out sweet tea and constant fatty meat will help you lose weight easier and faster as well as make you feel better!! Oh, I'm also trying to not eat sweets... you'll see how that's gone so far. I started yesterday morning:

Monday:
Breakfast: Toast with Olive Oil Spread (instead of butter- tastes just as good, promise)
Lunch: Subway veggie sandwich with no cheese and mustard instead of honey mustard!
Snack: okay I cheated and ate a piece of strawberry cake. BUT MOM HAD MADE IT THIS  
                 WEEKEND SO IT DOESN'T COUNT.
Dinner: Squash chips (idea from my fabulous friend Alison) and I cheated (kind of) and ate a peanut butter
             and jelly sandwich.  But to redeem myself that counted as my protein and it was fruit preservatives-
             not jelly, AND it was wheat bread. Just saying.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Toast with Olive Oil Spread (I heard from a nutritionist that if you eat similar or the same thing
                   for breakfast, it helps your metabolism.  And it's WAY better than no breakfast!!
Lunch: Claudia's salad plate with tomato salad, pasta salad, and fruit. SO good.
Snack: again, cheated, but only ate HALF of a piece of strawberry cake today--SOMEONE TAKE IT
           AWAY!
Dinner: Spaghetti (no meat) and salad with Italian dressing. Thanks Mom!

Okay so I've cheated quite a bit. But I'm learning- I'm proud that I haven't had any meat and I've not been craving Dr. Peppers!! And I promise, tomorrow I'm eating scrambled eggs for my protein, so I don't want to hear anything about that!!

Eating veggies is not hard!! You just have to make the right decisions.  You can go to your same favorite restaurants, some places though you have to make a new meal out of sides.   So many places are becoming more conscious and adding vegetarian and some places even vegan options! It makes me so hopeful for the future.  As a daughter of a full-time vegetarian, I know how difficult those places are that are stuck in their meaty ways.

Challenge yourself this week.  I'll try to do another update soon.

xo_vw

No comments: