3.05.2012

Day 3.

Today we moved lots and lots of big furniture. Let me rephrase that- Michael had to work, Mom is in Canada visiting, so Dad and I moved lots and lots of big furniture.

Now, if you've seen me lately, you know that my arms are not muscular.  And if you know me at all you know that "athletic" is not one of the top 10 (read "top 1000") words that describe me.  So our morning from 8 till 12 went something like this.

Dad: "I don't want you to hurt yourself.  We can wait until Michael gets off to get the really big furniture."
          (note: have I ever mentioned that The Couch is 9 feet long and extremely over sized?) 
Me: "Dad. I used to work at a furniture store. I did this all the time. Really, don't worry about me."

Lift. Lift. Lift. Pull as hard as I can. The Couch has yet to leave the floor.

Repeat for the love seat, dresser, solid side table, boxes, and headboard.

Needless to say, I was very thankful when Michael and his cousin Chance got off work so they could help with the lifting.  Then I got to arrange the kitchen cabinets with enough dishes to feed the whole town, which is all I really wanted to do anyways.

By the way, we vacuumed and mopped again today, if you were wondering.

xo_vw

No comments: