9.08.2012

The Roadtrip: Part 2.

For our second stop, we went to New Orleans.  Michael had been a few times before, but it was my first time.  I fell in love and can't wait to go back!




I mentioned on part one how much I love bridges.  The love is forever. 


I love elevators with mirrors! 


Before you even step onto Bourbon St, This fun improv band fills your ears with great music! 



This guy. No words. 


We decided to go on a ghost/vampire/voodoo walking tour.  


A pirate named Tommy happened to be our tour guide. 






I wore the WRONG shoes for the two hour walking tour. 




After the tour, Michael and I continued to walk around the French Quarter.  We loved all the 
little shops and art galleries.  


We had our palms read on Jackson Square- too fun! 



We stayed at the Roosevelt right off of Canal St.  It was wonderful!
 (and had some INTENSE carpet! ha!) 


On our way out for the second day of tourism! 


An obvious stop at Cafe Du Monde.  I love how Michael caught our waitress 
looking like she's taking my hair's order.  ha! 





Fun masks in every shop. 


And when we were ridiculously lost and needing some water! 



We went to St. Louis Cemetery number one- the most interesting grave was definitely Marie Laveau's, and the oddest was the pyramid owned by Nicholas Cage for he, his wife, and his son.  






The World War II Museum was very neat! One of my favorite parts was the toys and other "stuff" they sold with the Victory insignia.  The playing cards with Hitler's face were so interesting! 


We had lunch at the House of Blues.  

It was such a fun part of the trip! 

xo_vs

No comments: