2.05.2011

Goals.

I didn't make any new years resolutions this year, so a few days ago I ended up writing down a few goals in all areas of my life thanks to inspiration from FunnelCloud!

Career Goals (i.e. business and art):
1. read at least one book a month
     This can be about anything, but it has to either inspire me or teach me. Text books don't count. Books                                        on CD do.  I have a 45-ish minute drive to and from school everyday, so listening to books or sermons or podcasts turn into an efficient way to spend that time. 
2. listen to a CD/book on the way to Tyler everyday. 
Explanation would be rather redundant on this one now, wouldn't it?
3. Learn to draw better this semester without classes. 
I stink at drawing. I always have. I just have more of an abstract painting mind, I guess. 
So this semester I am going to take the time to draw, doodle, whatever! 
4. Learn to write better. 
Again, I have never had good handwriting and didn't take the time to practice when I was 
little so I never made it better. I blame third grade. I blame most things on third grade... 
5. Actually learn in my economics and accounting classes. 
I have a nasty habit of just learning for the test... 
6. Stay organized. 
So far this year I have done great with my planner, to do lists, a separate spiral for each 
class... we'll see how long this lasts. 
7. Blog at least once a week. 
Hold me accountable, people!!! 
8. Carry my camera everywhere. 
I would love to have pictures of my daily life to post, like The Pioneer Woman and NieNie

Spiritual Goals are another list I've been working towards. 
1. Begin to understand Revelation. 
Already started this one by listening to David Jeremiah's sermons over it and 
reading through it right now! 
2. Read Mere Christianity
Have this one on CD.  I will begin listening as soon as I get done with 
David Jeremiah (easier said than done 40 CD set...) then decide if I need 
to read it on top of listening to it. 
3. Read two of John Piper's Books. 
These are so daunting to me, and after hearing Piper speak at Passion 
last year, I know how much knowledge he has! 
4. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. 
I always manage to put these off till later because I feel that I know all of 
the stories in them! But this year I will slow down and take it all in. 
5. Pray Continually. 
Who doesn't need to do this more?
6. Listen. 
So often Praying Continually turns into babble to Jesus way too much. I need to 
listen to what his answers are to my prayers. 
7. Get a mentor. 
Someone to teach me more about what I need in Christ. 
8. Be a mentor. 
Paul and Timothy style. I need a Paul and a Timothy in my life. Any volunteers? :) 



Take time to make some goals for your life. I'm the worst at putting it off and not making any... I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. Career day just never was my favorite. Can I be a professional gypsy? Will you support me and send me thousands of dollars every month for a frivolous lifestyle? Thanks

xo_vw

No comments: